WE TAKE ACTION!
We support the T.R.Y. Vision and Mission
· We create Action Teams of 5 or more peers each (Team Lead, Co-Lead, and eight peers) - Teams do not have to be school based.
We share what we learn with others!
· We focus our knowledge on RESILIENCE BECAUSE WE BOUNCE BACK if "bad" things happen.
· We address harmful products by youth and discuss them.
· We learn about good mental health and help prevent poor mental health.
· We talk about "Health" (healthy food, positive body image, limit screen time and proper sleep)
· We create Action Teams of 5 or more peers each - Teams do not have to be school based.·
· We focus our knowledge on RESILIENCE BECAUSE WE BOUNCE BACK!
· We address the use of harmful products - WHY ANIMALS DON'T SMOKE and WHAT EVERY KID SHOULD KNOW ABOUT ALCOHOL
· We learn aboutn good mental health and help prevent bullying and self harm
· We talk about Health - healthy food, hand washing, screen time and proper sleep.
· We lead our Action Teams in becoming positive role models at school and in the community
· We create Personal Life and Health Plans to keep us on track for our future - MEDIA DETECTIVE
· We educate our parents
· We educate our peers
· We talk to adults and community leaders
· We make posters and videos
· We participate in National Prevention Activities: Red Ribbon Week, National Drug Fact Week; and National Kick Butts Day
· We raise funds to support the ongoing efforts of T.R.Y
ALL PARTICIPANTS WILL RECEIVE A CERTIFICATE OF APPRECIATION AT THE ANNUAL CONFERENCE!