WE TAKE ACTION!
We support the T.R.Y. Vision and Mission
· We create Action Teams of 5 or more peers each (Team Lead, Co-Lead, and eight peers) - Teams do not have to be school based.
We share what we learn with others!
· We focus our knowledge on RESILIENCE BECAUSE WE BOUNCE BACK if "bad" things happen.
· We address harmful products by youth and discuss them.
· We learn about good mental health and help prevent poor mental health.
· We talk about "Health" (healthy food, positive body image, limit screen time and proper sleep)
October 2019 - June 2020 positions!
Together for Resilient Youth (TRY) is looking for a few enthusiastic, engaged young people that are connected to other young people to join Living in Future Tense (LIFT). LIFT is TRY's youth coalition and CollegeTRY is TRY's young adult coalition. We want to increase our leadership capacity. Youth and young adults ages 14-20 are welcome to apply. We need your voices, your input and your desire to find solutions to the difficulties that you face in today's world (your world).
#Strong Body - Health
#Strong Mind - Learning
#Strong Emotions – Self Control
#Strong Spirit – Hope
We will also help you with life skills to frame your future.
· We create Action Teams of 10 or more peers each - Teams do not have to be school based.·
· We focus our knowledge on RESILIENCE BECAUSE WE BOUNCE BACK!
· We address the use of illegal or illegal harmful products by youth and discuss the health impacts of: Tobacco, E-Cigs and Vapes, Alcohol, Marijuana, Prescription Drugs and Club/Synthetic Drugs;
· We learn about good mental health and help prevent, bullying, suicide and self harm
· We adjust our thinking about the benefits of "Health" (healthy food, positive body image, limit screen time and proper sleep) using Media Relationships and Health Rocks
· We receive training on how substance abuse affects our lives and the lives of those we care about
· We discuss substance abuse problems and challenges that we see in our communities
· We lead our Action Teams in becoming positive role models at school and in the community
· We create Personal Life and Health Plans to keep us on track for our future
· We educate our parents
· We educate our peers
· We educate younger children (Health Rocks! Media Detective, Media Ready)
· We take part in policy change by talking to and writing to our elected government officials
· We write Letters to the Editor
· We interview adults and community leaders
· We use social media (FB, Twitter, Text) to spread positive messages
· We participate in National Prevention Activities: National Drug Fact Week; National Kick Butts Day; National Alcohol Awareness Month, Suicide Prevention, Town Hall Meeting and Recovery Month Celebration.
· We serve the community in many ways: We give away book bags and Christmas gifts; participate in community clean ups and more
· We have fun: Alcohol and Drug Free dances and events; Leadership retreats
· We raise funds to support the ongoing efforts of T.R.Y
ALL PARTICIPANTS WILL RECEIVE A CERTIFICATE OF APPRECIATION AT THE ANNUAL CONFERENCE!