WE TAKE ACTION!
We support the T.R.Y. Vision and Mission
· We create Action Teams of 5 or more peers each (Team Lead, Co-Lead, and eight peers) - Teams do not have to be school based.
We share what we learn with others!
· We focus our knowledge on RESILIENCE BECAUSE WE BOUNCE BACK if "bad" things happen.
· We address harmful products by youth and discuss them.
· We learn about good mental health and help prevent poor mental health.
· We talk about "Health" (healthy food, positive body image, limit screen time and proper sleep)
· We create Action Teams of 5 or more peers each - Teams do not have to be school based.·
· We focus our knowledge on RESILIENCE BECAUSE WE BOUNCE BACK!
· We address the use of illegal or illegal harmful products by youth and discuss the health impacts of: Tobacco, E-Cigs and Vapes, Alcohol, Marijuana, Prescription Drugs and Club/Synthetic Drugs;
· We learn about good mental health and help prevent, bullying, suicide and self harm
· We adjust our thinking about the benefits of "Health" (healthy food, positive body image, limit screen time and proper sleep) using Media Relationships and Health Rocks
· We receive training on how substance abuse affects our lives and the lives of those we care about
· We discuss substance abuse problems and challenges that we see in our communities
· We lead our Action Teams in becoming positive role models at school and in the community
· We create Personal Life and Health Plans to keep us on track for our future
· We educate our parents
· We educate our peers
· We educate younger children (Health Rocks! Media Detective, Media Ready)
· We take part in policy change by talking to and writing to our elected government officials
· We write Letters to the Editor
· We interview adults and community leaders
· We use social media (FB, Twitter, Text) to spread positive messages
· We participate in National Prevention Activities: National Drug Fact Week; National Kick Butts Day; National Alcohol Awareness Month, Suicide Prevention, Town Hall Meeting and Recovery Month Celebration.
· We serve the community in many ways: We give away book bags and Christmas gifts; participate in community clean ups and more
· We have fun: Alcohol and Drug Free dances and events; Leadership retreats
· We raise funds to support the ongoing efforts of T.R.Y
ALL PARTICIPANTS WILL RECEIVE A CERTIFICATE OF APPRECIATION AT THE ANNUAL CONFERENCE!